In 2013 I spent a third of my year on the road, taking 31 trips.
Some of these were short breaks close to my North London home, others took me as far afield as Macau, Australia and the USA. Every one of them was interesting, inspiring and worthwhile – but of course there were favourites.
Here is my countdown of my top 10 trips of the year:
10. Walking on the much underrated Isle of Man. Thanks to Visit Isle of Man.
9. Quadbiking, canyoning, hiking and river tubing in Highland Perthshire. Scotland. Thanks to Highland Perthshire.
8. Food and culture in Macau. Thanks to Macau Tourism and Hume Whitehead.
7. Butler for a day at the Lanesborough hotel, London. Thanks to the hotel, Daniel Jordaan and Luchford APM.
6. Boat trips, snorkelling and seafood in Cyprus. Thanks to Visit Cyprus and Kallaway.
5. The world’s shortest flight in Orkney. Thanks to Visit Scotland and Loganair.
4. Krakow and Zakopane for the BGTW AGM 2013. Thanks to Representation Plus and the Polish tourist board.
3. Green spaces and great food in Glasgow. Thanks to People Make Glasgow.
2. Hiking in Gran Canaria. Look out for my article on this in the Express on Saturday January 4th. Thanks to Macs Adventure.
1. Swimming with whale sharks at Ningaloo Reef, Western Australia. Thanks to Tourism WA.
I would like to thank everyone who helped with my travel plans in 2013. Looking forward to working with many of you again in 2014. Happy new year!